This week, after I published “How To Leave Nigeria And Settle In Canada 2021” I receive a lot of messages asking me to publish: “how to migrate to Finland from Nigeria, how much will it cost to travel to Finland from Nigeria”.
People often say they just want most peaceful and happy country to live for the rest of their life. When all is said and done, everyone want to visit the happiest country in the world, Northern European nation, Finland.
According to report, Nigerians living in Finland are second the largest African immigrant group after Somalis.
Easy come, easy go. The things that come easy, are easily gone. Famous Finnish sayings
Why you should move to finland?
Finland is the world’s happiest country. It maintains extremely low crime rates – also been ranked as the most stable’ country in the world, as well as having the best governance in the world, the most independent judicial system, and the safest banks in the world.
Why you should leave Nigeria to work in Finland
The national minimum wage for workers in Nigeria is 30,000 Naira in 2021, which equaled to about 64 euro in Finland. In Finland, average earnings is 3,989 euros per month.
How you can work in Finland;
Before you can work in Finland, you will need a residence permit. you must find a job in the country. When you have found a job, you can apply for a residence permit. You must apply for a residence permit before you go to Finland.
The most demand jobs in Finland 2021 include:
- general secretaries
- administrative and executive secretaries
- user support persons
- tailors, dressmakers and furriers
- multimedia graphic designers
- woodworking-machine tool setters and operators
- information and communications technology installers and servicers
- craft printing workers
- bank staff and related clerical staff
- social and cultural researchers
- travel agent staff
- advertising and marketing experts
- Audiologists and Speech Therapists
- Early Childhood Educators
- Social Work and Counselling Professionals
- Medical and Pathology Laboratory Technicians
- Nursing Associate Professionals
- Civil Engineers
- Telecommunication Engineers
- Generalist Medical Practitioners
- Specialist Medical Practitioners
- Nursing Professionals
- Increases fast Increases
- Special Needs Teachers
- System Analysts
- Software Developers
- Web and Multimedia Developers
Apply for Finland visa
Finland remains one of the easiest Schengen country to get a visa from.If you apply for their visa, you have high chances to get a Schengen Visa to Finland.
Types of visa in Finland include:
- Single-entry visa
- Double-entry visa
- Multiple-entry visa
- Airport transit visa
- Seasonal workers’ visa
allows the holder to enter Finland once and stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
allows entry into Finland twice and may be valid within the Schengen area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
is granted for several consecutive visits to the Schengen area. The total duration of the stays may not exceed the number of days stated on the visa sticker, that is, up to 90 days in a 180-day period. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of five (5) years.
Airport transit visa
allows the visa holder transit via the international zone of the airport during a stopover.
Seasonal workers’ visa
You normally need a residence permit to be allowed to work in Finland. However, for seasonal work you do not need a residence permit but a visa. The visa is intended for seasonal work in Finland only. The visa can be granted for up to 90 days.
How to apply for a visa to Finland in Nigeria
Apply for a Finland visa from Finland embassy in Abuja or consulate of Finland in Lagos. Please note that the Honorary consuls and consulates in Lagos cannot grant visas. I advise that you go to Abuja. As an experienced traveler, I always advise people to submit their visa application in person.
Address: 9Iro, Iro Dan Musa St, Asokoro, Abuja
Address: No. 4, Akanbi Danmola Street in Ikoyi
consulate Phone number: 08033005415
embassy Phone number: 08037851150
where to download Finland visa application form?
Click HERE to download and fill the visa application form.
What do I need to apply for Finland visa?
- Fill the visa application form and signed
- Original blue bank slip (receipt of payment for visa application fee).
- Add one of your recent photograph attach it to the application form).
- A valid international passport.
- A Travel medical insurance: You can contact me if you need your travel insurance at a discounted rates.
- Supporting documents; Examples of such documents are tickets, a confirmation of hotel reservation, a private invitation letter and an official invitation.
- Your Bank statements for the past three months.
How to pay for Finland visa fees?
Pay for Finland visa application processing fee of N32,500 or €70 to the Finnish Embassy’s bank account. Payment can either be in paid cash to Standard Chartered bank in Nigeria or via international money transfer to the Embassy’s bank account.
Account no.: 0001449729 (for payments in Naira).
Account no.: 0001449736 (for payments in Euro).
Book an appointment by sending an email to email@example.com or call the numbers above and attach the scanned visa application processing fee payment receipt to the mail.
Visit the Finland Embassy in Abuja on appointment date along with the documents mentioned above.
Note before you book a Hotel: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim.
Why your visa maybe rejected include;
- Do not book hotel in a dummy hotel booking
- Do not try any fake reservation
- Do not use fake hotel booking confirmation generators online
- Do not buy flight tickets before the visa has been granted.
- you do not have an approved, valid travel document
- you do not provide justification to prove the purpose and conditions of your stay
- you do not have sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the stay
- you are not entitled to return to the country of origin or to continue to a third country
The Finland Embassy will contact them to verify that the hotel reservation is valid as at the time of document verification.
To get flight reservation, visa application corrections, hotel reservation confirmation, cancellations and date change. you can contact me.